The Application for a Water Connection is available for downloaded from the foot of this page.
Payment for the Connection is $1,000.00, and may be made by etransfer to email@example.com or by cheque or money order payable to Savary Shores Improvement District, mailed to (or dropped off at) SSID, 2785 Vancouver Blvd, Savary Island, BC V0N 2G0. Your etransfer confirmation, cheque copy, or money order copy, is your receipt.
Included in the application is the detail of responsibilities for both the Improvement District and the Property Owner. Those responsibilities are also shown here.
Savary Shores Improvement District is responsible for:
1. Provision of and installation by the District Operator:
• corporation stop (shut-off/on), at the water main
• black meter box with extensions and cover, to a minimum of 30" deep
• curb stop (shut-off/on), at the meter box
• water meter
• dual check valve
• adapter coupling
• water line stub and coupling device.
2. The District will repair leaks up to and including the check valve.
3. The following connection parts are provided by the District so that the property owner can complete the connection to the drain box at the proposed building site:
• domestic water line up to a maximum of 200 feet, with steel end-insert.
• adaptor coupling
• ball valve (shut-off/on)
• nipple (4-inch brass extension)
• tee, for connection to house plumbing and to hose bib
• hose bib.
4. The District will supply water when the connection has been inspected by the District and determined to be properly installed.
The property owner is responsible for the following:
5. Preparation of a ditch with a minimum depth of 24" over the entire length from the meter box to the drain box at the proposed building site.
6. Installation of District-supplied connection parts to the drainbox at the proposed building site.
7. Provision of an 18" x 18" x 24"-deep drainage box with lid.
8. Notifying the administrator (604-414-8448, firstname.lastname@example.org) when the connection to the drainbox is ready for inspection, and making all needed improvements as requested by the District.
9. Burying the domestic water line with sufficient slack to prevent future damage to fittings, in a manner as approved by the District. Be sure to avoid backfilling with rocks as this may damage the pipe.
10. Ensuring that no future joining or splicing of the domestic water line from the water line stub to the drainage box occurs.
11. All repairs and leaks beyond the check valve on the owner's property.
12. Ensuring that the curb stop is shut off if the residence will be unoccupied for more than 48 hours.
13. Notifying the administrator (604-414-8448, email@example.com) of any future alterations required, to ensure approved fittings are used and alteration is approved and inspected by the District Inspector.